Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1989 Ford Aero Star van. While I was driving the motor quit

Customer Question

1989 Ford Aero Star van. While I was driving the motor quit running. Coasted to a stop. Tried to start it again and it would not start again. Had it towed to our mechanic. The mechanic had the computer taken out and installed another used one. Now they think it is not grounded. Has been trouble shooting the problem everywhere. They tried to start again but will still not run. Need your input. Thank you. Jack our email is***@******.***
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answers. My name is ***** ***** i hope to be of some help. If the engine stop running while driving is verry hard to belive that a groung cause that problem. can you please ask the mechanice to verify spark is precent on at least 3 spark plugs , then have him check fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gage and let me know what pressure it has, then crank the engine and see if the engine light stays on or turns of while cranking the engine.