HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Apparently I have up my 5.0L engine in a 2011 F-150 with

Customer Question

Apparently I have blown up my 5.0L engine in a 2011 F-150 with 101,000 miles. What kind of advice should I consider about replacing this motor and what should it cost.
Submitted: 1 year ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Well main thing to take into consideration is why it failed, if it was an due to a loss of oil pressure or engine overheating. Make sure the cooling system is in good shape and make any repairs, flush the radiator out. Best bet would be to replace the engine as a long block assembly and swap manifolds for intake and exhaust, new spark plugs and coil boots. Cost will vary based on shop labor rate and if there are any modifications done to the exhaust or rust factors in disassembly. Engine probably run you anywhere between 3-6k depending on how you buy it, new or used.