James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford f150: 2006 f150 5.4

Customer Question

vehicle come to us with no power in barly ran. opened up the engine found lose timing chains. broken guides in phayser. replaced timing chans in gaer. and phasyer phasyer solenoid. put the engine back togather ran better but no real power. checked the oil pressure it was low. reaplced oil pump in throttle body spark pulgs. egine runs strong but rattles a little bit cold. hot has no power. we really need feed back as soon as possible

Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me what you are getting for oil pressure when the engine is at operating temperature?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cold high 60 hot 45

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i been working on cars for 35 yrs we need help understanding whats going wrong on this truck thank U can you get back to us ASAP please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
we need help with this answer PLEASE
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
45psi when the engine is hot at idle is a very good oil pressure reading. If the engine is running rough like phaser noise then the camshaft solenoid a should be replaced.