Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F 150: I have a 1998 ford f150 4.2 a freeze plug blew out driving

Customer Question

I have a 1998 ford f150 4.2 a freeze plug blew out driving down the road it has been replaced the truck has been running ruff since it came back computer said replace coil I did and also the spark plug still running ruff now it keeps over heating it also looks like there is some kind of fluid in the water resivior it looks like Trans mission fluid .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, What color is the fluid in reservoir, is it milky grayish or milky reddish?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If the fluid in the reservoir has a red tint to it then you most likely have a leaking transmission cooler allowing transfluid to enter the cooling system. If the fluid looks grayish then its oil most likely caused by a leaking head gasket. If that is the cases you can verify by performing a engine block test. Its a fairly easy test to run and checks of any signs of hydrocarbons in the cooling system. Post back when you can and we can work from there.