Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

When coming to a stop abs kicks in on my 2001 f150.

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just before coming to a complete stop,maybe 3 miles pr hr. my abs kicks in & it ever-so-slightly pulls to the left. Nothing displays on my instrument panel concerning the abs unit, so my hope is that maybe just replacing my brake pads will solve the problem as I pull a heavy trailer frequently
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Does the truck have 4 wheel abs or rear wheel abs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 wheel abs
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, normally this issue is caused when the front ABS sensors have to much dust and dirt on them. If you can remove the front sensors and clean them off it should resolve the issue. Also, inspect the tone rings on the front axles if it's 4x4 these can sometimes crack and cause the issue if they spin to fast when coming to a stop.Please let me know what more I can do to assist.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.