Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford Windstar Van: Why won't AC fan turn on when AC system

Customer Question

Why won't AC fan turn on when AC system has been repaired on 2003 Ford Windstar.Only the engine cooling fan works. AC fan motor works but will not turn on as it should when AC is running. Fuses and relays have been checked, to no avail?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
You have checked the fan and relays, that leaves the fan command which is a ground from the PCM. So we need to OHM test that wire to see if the wire is broken, and see if there PCM is grounding the command wire when tested at the PCM. If there is no ground from the PCM, then its the PCM to blame. Below is a diagram. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris