Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F-250: Hey mat- was diving down the road yesterday and the

Customer Question

Hey mat- was diving down the road yesterday and the motor starting missing and bucking intermitingly and then smoothed out for 30 miles to get me home. Needed to keep the motor plugged in over night to even get it started this morning. After starting it belched out smoke for a while and idled rough. After it got warm I took it out for a spin and the missing and bucking got real bad, barely made it back to the house. During the missing it would belch out smoke as it lost power. Right now it's 85 degrees out and when I try to start the motor it try's to start for maybe 2 seconds then has no response at all. I have the 2005 6.0
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
In your case I believe the IPR pressure is incorrect or one or more injectors are bad. Do you have access to a can tool to monitor the ICP pressure. It needs to be 500psi or more while cranking. The tool can also perform an injector buzz test and power balance test. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris