Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford, windstar SEL: Kenny We have a '03 ford windstar

Customer Question

HI Kenny
We have a '03 ford windstar and the 105 relay is good and there is voltage at the pin but when I turn the key to start no gauges on or clicking noises happen. Is there another relay somewhere I'm the system or am I looking at a bad ignition switch?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And how do I check out the ignition switch without taking the steering column apart?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.From reading you question I assume you are having a no crank condition, have you scanned the computer system to see if there where any fault codes setting and if so what were they. Is your theft light flashing? Post back with as many details as you can and I will try and help you get this resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The van is in my drive way and I don't have that computer to scan it for things like that. But there is absolutely no lights or gagets or anything coming on at all when I turn the key no noises etc.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Do you have key on power at the starter relay on pins 30 and 86?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Ron
This is Jim ( the father) we will be engaged in a vacation drive from this point on till possibly next week or more. So if I do have power on one or the other pin to ground with the key to the on position what would that mean? Bad starter solenoid?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
A bad stater solenoid would not keep the the instrument cluster from coming on when you turn the key, one other thing to check is to see if you have power at the ignition switch on the red wire, post back when you can and we can work from there do not replace any parts till we figure out what you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you we will test that on or around Wednesday when I get back from the beach! So please wait thanks!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. I'm here when your ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We went ahead and sold the van as is. We would like to cancle our subscription to just answer. How do I do that?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
All you need to do is contact customer service and then can take care of it for you. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.
Thank you again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find the phone number to costumer phone number can u give it to me! I will most definitely rate you! :-)
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
See the link below, it will direct you in canceling your subscription. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription