Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Arostar: We just bought a 2003 Areostar. The Sellers had a

Customer Question

We just bought a 2003 Areostar. The Sellers had a quote from the Local Ford Dealership that the ABS controller needed to be replaced, but we have had 3 independent mechanics tell us it is the transmission
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** the check engine light on? If vehicle shifting correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, Windstar not Arostar. We haven't seen the check engine light come on. The van shudders. Mechanics have told us it is the transmission (torque converter) but the seller said that the Ford Dealership told them that the ABS Module is causing the issue and causing the van to shudder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to be shifting ok, but we have literally drove it less than 50 miles. The shudder kind of feels like constantly shifting
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The abs module would not cause a problem with shifting so I agree with independent mechanics that transmission is the problem. The only thing the abs would effect is the braking. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.