Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford: Oh. I have a small RV (2000 Ford E350 Super Duty). Throwing

Customer Question

Oh. I have a small RV (2000 Ford E350 Super Duty). Throwing a code of P1406. Seems to be running fine but just trying to see what the problem might be.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the question, The expert you have requested is not on line right now so I will be helping you.Can you tell me which engine you have please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 2000 Ford E 350 Super Duty (V10). I've already looked up the code (P1406) online. Appears to be the Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor. Correct? Anything else that it could be? I'm supposed be be leaving for a trip in this vehicle. I'm concerned that I don't have the time to have the repair done before I leave. Is this something that can wait until I return? Traveling about 700 miles on that trip. I don't want to do anything that could damage the vehicle or be a safety issue.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
In 99% of all cases this code set due to a failing DPFE sensor so you are correct. You will not notice any performance issues with it being bad at all if its not replaced right away. You will be fine to wait till you return from your trip to get this repair done. It is not a safety Issue at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this part of the emissions system?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes its part of the exhaust emission system See it in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/DPFE%20Jul%2020.pdf