Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F150 SuperCrew: Hey Chris I've got a little three pronged white

Customer Question

Hey Chris I've got a little three pronged white plug or clip that I can't for the life of me figure out where it goes. It looks to be on the end of the blue pink and black vacuum lines from the solenoids. And is this my 4wd problem, as I'm assuming??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Can I get a picture?Does the front axle not lock in but 4 low will provide a reduced gear ratio?Is the 4wd the only issue, no warning lights on? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's the plug there. But yes I have very little experience and am going solely on what I've read and my best possible guesses. I'm not sure if the axle locks in or not. The 4x4 light will come on and it sounds like it "drops" into 4x4 but no action on the tires.
If you lock it into low range are the gear spans much smaller meaning the gear ratio is reduced. Of so that means its just the front axle we need to address.Both front axle vacuum solenoids are between the battery and firewall. The hose colors match the 2wd solenoid. See if that is where it connects.