Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

F250 6.9 diesel: 87 f250 6.9 diesel truck starts and runs 10-15

Customer Question

87 f250 6.9 diesel truck starts and runs 10-15 minutes when cold or as long as you keep the rpm up then dies when RPM goes down and won't start while warm what could cause? does not have air in the fuel system
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the engine coolant temp sensor is sending an incorrect signal this can cause this type of fault here and would need replaced.I would have the temp sensor signal checked to see if this is the cause here and replaced as needed.
Thanks Pete