Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

2006 Ford FreestyleIt idles high but after cleaning the throttle

Customer Question

2006 Ford Freestyle
It idles high but after cleaning the throttle body it did much better for about 50 miles. Then every time I stop at a red light the engine dies. It will crank right back up and run until I apply the brakes again and sit for a minute. Do I just need to clean it again or is there something else.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
The throttle body is failed , it is a known issue and most dealerships will replace it for free if the vehicle is under 80,000 miles please accept my answer and rate my performance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could have guessed at that for free. I was hoping you could give me some ideas of things to try before just declaring it dead. It feels like a pat answer so you can get credit and move on.
I apologize for being quick to point out the issue, I did not want to tell you to try things that will not work,saving you time and effort is my objective.