Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

Ford Ranger: I have a Power Train problem with my Ford Ranger

Customer Question

I have a Power Train problem with my Ford Ranger 2013. Two months after i bought it in dec.2012 the power train always lit whenever i reached the 140kms/hour speed. Technicians could locate the problem. They pull down the fuel tank ang replaced the float but the problem is still there. Last june my engine conk out and the technician replaced the fuel filter and air filter and i was told that they reset something in the computer. The car run smoothly and the power train indicator does not lit anymore. Last july 18, 2015 while driving along North Luzon Expressway the power the power train lit again and the engine conk out again. The pick up is now at the dealer and up to now they can't give me a concrete answer as to why the engine fails. What is the trouble with my pick up? Please
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
Your vehicle will require complex diagnostics on the fuel system as well as the ignition system, only a qualified technician with considerable experience will be able to pinpoint the actual failure using a Ford scanner, and complex Ford trouble chart. These are the possibilities, fuel pump, throttle body, ignition coil drivers in the computer, are possibly the computer itself, or a wiring issue between these components. Please accept my answer and rate my performance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your responseCustomer I will relay your response to the dealer where i bought my Ranger and hoping that it will help them to pinpoint immediately the powertrain problem of my unit. Btw, is there is possibility that the computer might be over heating? What are the causes and how do you determine if it is over heating or not? Please
Powertrain computers rarely overheat but they do malfunction