A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

S T X: I have an 05 Ford f 150. with a 4.2 L motor. The horn

Customer Question

I have an 05 Ford f 150. with a 4.2 L motor. The horn does not work. Looking for the physical location of the fuse. I know where the fuse boxes I just need to know the exact location of the fuse. I could do this myself but I am injured. having someone help me. I have an ohmmeter.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.The horn fuse is F26 in the dash fuse box. Below is a diagram of the fuse box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply.
My help will have to locate the fuse and see if it is blown. It may be a week until he is able to have time to look at the fuse box. He likes to procrastinate. I'm sorry but he is the best help I have at the moment.
Will keep you updated.
I see the horn relay just to the left of the fuse for the horn. There are no serviceable parts on the relay. Sure hate to throw away a good relay if it is good.
Can i remove the horn relay and put a jumper across the contacts of the relay and see if the horn works, if the horn fuse checks out to be good?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
The horn relay is part of the dash fuse box and cannot be removed or replaced without replacing the dash fuse box.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need any more assistance.