James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

James, I tried checking the fuel filter on top of my 6.0

Customer Question

James, I tried checking the fuel filter on top of my 6.0 ford diesel for the start and die issues until it finally starts and runs fine for the day. After the fist start and die, jumped out and checked and it was full, tried three more times and it started.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Is this a 2004? Correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No early 2003
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping it would be fuel. On the early 03 I have seen it a hand full of times where the high pressure oil pump is bad. After the vehicle sits the high pressure oil pump loses its prime. You need to install a new high pressure oil pump to correct the concern. Diagnosing it can be very difficult with out a higher end scan tool. The 03 vehicles had a high oil pump failure rate. That is why they were redesigned.