James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford f150: Lol just bought this 2006 150 it t idols fine but

Customer Question

Lol just bought this 2006 150 it t idols fine but its been sitting for a bout 6 mounths and seams to be starving for fule
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. The very first thing I would do is replace the fuel filter as it is likely plugged. Once the vehicle has a new fuel filter see if this makes a difference. If it doesn't I bet the fuel pump driver module is likely bad. It controls the fuel pressure. It is located by the spare tire on the cross member. Inspect it for any wire damage or corrosion. If it smells like burnt electronics you want to replace it. The driver module s most likely the issue but I would start with a fuel filter anyways since you just bought the vehicle.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.