Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

E350: I have a E350 '88 Ford duelly bus w/ 1- diesel tank which

Customer Question

I have a E350 '88 Ford duelly bus w/ 1- diesel tank which is full. Yet the fuel gauge is at E. All the fuses under driver side dash are good. What is the problem, I hope it's not in the tank as it is full.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Bad news is it is most likely in the tank. If the gauge is working, fuse is good, fuel pump works normal, then the issue will be the fuel sending unit in the tank itself. When you get dead spots on the sending unit or the sensor goes bad, it will show the tank at always being empty or always at full, not in between. To test, you will need to remove the sender unit from the tank and use a ohm meter on the plug, then raise the float and see if you have a good steady ohm reading or if there is any points at all that show OL. If OL at any point at all or if numbers jumps instead of being smooth, the sender is bad and needs to be replaced. That is the most likely cause and the most common for the issue you described. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy