Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1994 f150 p.u. i6 4.9, runs good up to approx. 55mph, then

Customer Question

1994 f150 p.u. i6 4.9, runs good up to approx. 55mph, then loses power and engine dies, pull over and start engine runs up and repeats same thing again. what's up?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the engine always start right back up when it stalls out? Does it matter if you keep your foot on the gas, does this keep the engine from stalling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
once I come to a stop and put it in park starts right back up. foot on gas does nothing. runs good up to approx. 55mph. loses power and engine dies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still waiting for answer from tech since 7:08 am the 19th. is this how quick you respond?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a joke" no membership for me.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! I was out of town for the weekend. Would you be willing to speak on the phone for an extra $5? This is the lowest amount I can send over the additional service. This was we get it solved much quicker.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
I will be available for another hour but I do work tomorrow during the day. However, I will be availble tomorrow night