Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist
13677702

Ford F 150: 2003 Ford F-150 187,000 miles RF caliper freezing

Customer Question

2003 Ford F-150 187,000 miles RF caliper freezing up and running pads to nothing, truck pulls right. Replace pads, rotor and caliper, 2 months later exact same thing. Caliper won't release pistons with c clamp. Faulty caliper or could it be clogged line? Brake line shows no crimp. Bleeds fine when new caliper was installed. What about anti lock brake system? No lights showing .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Randall. In most all caes when this happens? it is in fact a bad rubber brake line to the caliper, When they go bad, they fail inside and kind of act like a one way check vlaaalve meaning yes,, you can get fluid out but will not go back, I doubt anything with abs etc,rare to have that, If you get caliper to lock and loosen bleeder and caliper unlocks? 99% of the time it will be the brake hose to the caliper
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
perfect thank you I will try that
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
likely the problem, hope all goes well with repair, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 Stars, it appears the hose was the problem
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Thought so, Thanks for followup, Please remember to rate my service provided, Thanks