Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I own a 2006 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 SOHC V6 Fuel Injected. It

Customer Question

I own a 2006 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 SOHC V6 Fuel Injected. It has approx. 44,000 miles on it. It has had problems on and off since purchase. It will die because the battery is dead (been through at least 3 batteries. There has been an ongoing problem over the past few months. I will go to start it and it won't catch. I have found that if I go back to it later and try it or wait until a diff. day that it will start right up with no problem. The battery has been checked and although it is 2 yrs old it is fine. Seems like it just starts when it feels like it and vice versa. On the start days there is no hesitation it just starts right up quickly. The latest time it wouldn't start and I had a mechanic come to tow it the next day and it started it right up. They kept it for a week plus and can't find anything wrong with it. Doesn't appear to be the fuel pump. Any ideas????? Sharon
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Is it currently in a no start situation, where it cranks but will not start? If so can you check the fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse?On the battery issue, have you ran a battery drain test with a multimeter? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris