Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Lurch! i have a 2002 f150 v-6 2wd, cruise doesnt work, replaced

Customer Question

hi lurch! i have a 2002 f150 v-6 2wd, cruise doesnt work, replaced fuse on the recall brake pressure switch, blew rite away. replaced the switch itself brake fluid was leaking into iy. did the built in test, off on flashed no switches on the right did! is the res/set/coast switch bad? thanks mike from ky
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
If you got no flash test results from the set switch then yes the switch is the most likely failure, not the clock spring unless you have horn and air bag issues. Do you need the removal steps and electrical tests to check the switch? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris