Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Mustang: Bought last week a 2000 Mustang 3.8L V6 automatic.

Customer Question

Bought last week a 2000 Mustang 3.8L V6 automatic. Driving home from work tonight through construction zone, so decelerating / coasting and noticed engine misfiring. Pulled off the road and put car in neutral to see if I could give it some throttle and clear it up. Engine didn't respond to throttle as it labored to idle. I turned car off and restarted and then it ran fine and I drove the last few miles without a problem.
Ran an errand to the store and I had the same issue.
I just don't have much history with the car but thought you all would know what to do!
Thank you for your time
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I would start by looking into the fuel system to blame. I would like you to check the plugs and wires to see if replacement is behind and needed. Change the fuel filter and use some injector cleaner. Next will be monitoring the fuel pressure for a couple days while driving in hopes it repeats and possibly notice the pressure is low. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris