James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

E-350: I have a 2007 Ford E 350. I installed a new engine

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Ford E 350. I installed a new engine purchased from a Ford Dealer. Along with the engine all new parts were installed with it, injectors, coilpacks, ect. Its under powered and have misfire codes on 5 and 6 cylinders. Replaced the coil pack pig tails and injector pigtails. Same issue. I am at a stand still. the only thing left in my mind is the ecm but would that just affect two cylinders? Thanks for you help. Greg
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. It is possible for the pcm drivers to be bad. There are 8 drivers and one for each cylinder. If you have a noid light you can stick it in the coil connector carefully and see if the coil is firing from the PCM. If it isn't then you likely have a bad PCM and it will need to be replaced. You can try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes and see if this helps. That is where I would start as diagnosing a bad driver isn't very fun on this vehicle?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.