Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

2002 Crown Victoria...The vents air conditioner do

Customer Question

2002 Crown Victoria...The vents for the air conditioner do not work. When I turn on the AC the air flow does not switch to the vents. Defroster vents and floor vents work fine, just not the AC vents. Any suggestions on what I can do to repair?
Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Does the car have manual temp control or Auto?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Temp is controlled by two buttons. A red and a blue. Red to inc temo and blue to dec temp
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, fan speed adjusts itself or you do it manually?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a fan speed control wheel on the right hand side of the con troll module to set the speed
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, these systems operate using vacuum. Most common issue is the control head, or one of the modules that move the doors. If you have a vacuum gauge you can check for vacuum going to the mode door module to see if it is getting vacuum. The default for this is the defrost and the floor. Let me know what you need to get into this so I can help you out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll check that out
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, please remember to rate my answer. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.