Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford Escape: Chris, I looked at your video on the 2008 Ford

Customer Question

Chris, I looked at your video on the 2008 Ford Escape with ignition problem having to push the key in to make it start. After taking it to my local Ford house they diagnosed that it needed a new switch assembly and with a new key to replace one that had been lost they wanted $573.00 for the repair. I replaced the ignition switch and found that the switch was not the problem, so I put the original one back on. I finally removed the Key assembly and found that the key could not turn far enough to the right to engage the switch. I removed the key cylinder from the barrel and took a Dermal tool with a small burring bit and removed enough material from the barrel so that my key could turn about 5 to 10 degrees in the barrel. I put it all back together and it works like a champ. I t only cost me some time, a little effort, and some studying. No $. You could probably take the car to a locksmith and have the same thing done at a very minimal cost. I you want more information you can contact me via phone. ***-***-**** thank you Richard ******. Gladewater, TX
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Is there a question you would like my help with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do not have a question, I was trying to be a Good person and share an inexpensive solution to the problem with the 2008 Escape ignition problem and thought you guys might want to try it yourselves and possibly pass along the solution to others that might not be able to afford the average $300 repair job. If you need more information feel free to call me.Thank you
xxxxxx xxxxx
Okay, thanks for sharing.