Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2000 Ford F150: Need help i have a 2000 Ford F150 and having

Customer Question

Need help i have a 2000 Ford F150 and having problems starting it because of the theft light
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately when ever the theft system on a vehicle is triggered regardless of the cause ,the vehicle must be flashed At a manufacturer dealership regardless of the make or model, this is built in to prevent theives from stealing your vehicle and reprogramming the keys to be able to sell it,and therefore is federally mandated,I hope I have saved you precious troubleshooting time, Please accept my answer and bring your vehicle to the nearest dealership to troubleshoot your vehicles anti theft system.