Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford F150 XLT: Why my 2008 ford 150 xlt 4.6 won't start,it

Customer Question

Why my 2008 ford 150 xlt 4.6 won't start,it has no spark and noid light.On the day this happened when starting vehicle bat light came on and dash said check gauges.On the way home the engine light stayed on and the temp gauge moved back and fourth from 1/2 to 3/4. A few days before the engine had a 1299 code and dropped cylinders and air conditioning shut down,all returned fine after turning key off and back on. After checking fuse I found that r203 relay has continuos current in the fuse box but had no current to operator relay in either run are start position. Hope you can helps thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Lets start with the no spark while cranking issue. Is the power to the coils with the key on. If so that leaves the crank sensor signal and computer. While cranking if the computer is getting a crank sensor signal, the check engine light will be off. This however does not mean its a good reading or accurate. The PCM uses this signal to know when to pulse the coils. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris