Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I am working on a 1995 Crown Victoria with a P0302 Misfire

Customer Question

I am working on a 1995 Crown Victoria with a P0302 Misfire code in addition the A/C goes from cold to hot and then cold again. I think the A/C is a Blend door because this model has the auto air. It seems odd though whenever it throws a code the A/C drops
out, I am sure this is coincidence, but I thought I would mention it. So far I have change the spark plug (See pic), plug wire, and swapped ports on the coil pack. In addition, because this is a 8 cyl. I did swap the coil packs all together. I have not been
able to get the car running smooth or keep it from throwing the same cyl. 2 misfire code. Could you please help me discover what I might be overlooking.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are pictures of the spark plug, the way I have the coil pack setup with the new gray wire, and the gray wire going into what I understand to be cyl. 2.
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
did you make sure there is compression by doing a compression test, if ok i suspect a fuel injector or wire to the fuel injector or even faulty pcm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok sorry for the long delay. I tested compression both wet and dry test it was exactly the same as the other cylinders. I tested resistance on the injector, again it read the same as the other injectors. I then got a hold of a noid tester and it works like the others but once it misfires it goes off. I assume this is by design. I went ahead and replaced the coil pack with the best one I could get. I am at a loss. Again look at the pictures of the spark plugs the one in cylinder 2 was black. No oil etc. The car has only 61,000 original miles on it and it is a 1995.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition whenever it throws a misfire code the A/C stops being cold.