Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F150 Pickup 4x4: how do I remove the cover to replace a map

Customer Question

how do I remove the cover to replace a map light on my 2008 F150 with a sun roof.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Ford failed to mention anything about this in the owners manual and repair guides. Look at the lens cover, if there is an indent for a screwdriver on one side then the lens pops off, if not then you remove the unit from the ceiling to access the bulbs. If there are no visible screws then it just held to the headliner with push clips. Pull gently down on the unit to pop it free, a dull knife will help. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You folks were way too slow. I spent $28.00 for nothing. I went onto another goggle site and it showed me a video of how to remove the cover. Although your instructions were accurate, your time frame was much to long and I prefer a video because Im a guy. I guess i missed the part in your ad that told me I would be corresponding with someone when their time frame allowed. Needless to say, i can't see me using your services again. It was an expensive lesson for me.
Sorry for the wait, I have no control over that. I logged on, saw a waiter once I got caught up. Why no others tried to help sooner, I do not know. If it helps, since you did not rate the answer I did not get paid either from your paid deposit.