Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Taurus Stn Wgn: Is there a way to program a 2001 Ford Taurus

Customer Question

Is there a way to program a 2001 Ford Taurus Station Wagon with power door locks to unlock all doors when put into park instead of just the driver's door? Second question, my dome light remains on a very extended period of time after I put start the engine and am driving the car. It's not either of the two switch controlled lights but the center dome light. It stays on for more than five minutes once driving. I don't drive this vehicle far - it's my train station beater so I don't actually know how long it stays on but it does eventually turn off because I've looked through the window before unlocking the car after it's been parked for more than 8 hours and it is off. Thank you!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
On the lock programming, no this option is not available. Does your instrument cluster have the door ajar warning option, if so is the bulb working and is the ajar light on with the doors closed and the engine running? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I've been able to check a few things. The Door Adjar light works fine. The Door Adjar light is not on yet the dome light stays on when the doors are closed, engine is running, car is in drive and moving on the street. My "commute" for this car is only about a mile and a half and takes 7-8 minutes depending on signals. The dome light never turns off during that period. When the car is parked for a while, the dome light is off when I look through the widnows.
Thanks can you do the below test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't have that testing equipment.
Since you are not able to perform any testing, are you wanting to know what part to replace and see if that works?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
A faulty GEM module would be the most likely issue since your not getting a door ajar warning causing the lights to be commanded on.