Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Freestar: I have a 2006 Freestar with 186,000 miles. Driving

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Freestar with 186,000 miles. Driving down the road there is a hesitation when you are holding your speed say at 50 mph, if you slowly accelerate there is no problem or when you slow down it is ok. I receive no codes and I have replaced the throttle position sensor twice with an AutoZone part. Is there something else that needs replacing?
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
does this vehicle have a CVT transmission, also the entire throttle body should be replaced if you suspect a faulty sensor that is attached to it, i have had a couple with a CVT trans. that would surge while cruising and not moving the throttle that ended up being a fuel pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Freestar does not have a CVT transmission. Can you narrow it down a little farther than the entire throttle body?
not really, the throttle body gets gummed up and it gets into the electric motor, throttle body comes with throttle position sensors, actuator and the housing