Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Excursion: .I just bought a 2002 Excursion Limited

Customer Question

Hello.
I just bought a 2002 Excursion Limited w/ a 7.3 liter engine.
The truck was driven 2000 plus miles to my home and worked fine. My 5'4" wife got in it and adjusted the automatic pedals to fit her. Immediately after, the truck stopped responding to the accelerator pedal and some time after that, the adjustable pedals stopped adjusting. I thought it was a bad throttle sensor and replaced it with a new pedal assembly.... $ouch!$.... that was not the problem... or at least it did not fix it. The pedal assembly moves manually fine and the 15amp fuse (#1) is good.
The truck starts and idles fine.
I am getting 2 error codes:
#1) P1316 Injector Circ IDM codes
#2) P0221 Throttle Position Sensor Switch B Circuit Range Performance
What are my likely problems; and what are the remedies?
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
first make sure no wires got cut off or rubbed through under the dash, second make sure none of the terminals backed out of the connector to throttle pedal assy. and did you put a aftermarket pedal assy. in it or a ford assy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no visible faults with the wires or the connections. The pedal assembly is a rebuilt (aftermarket) unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been a day since your very basic reply to my questions without any follow-up. I have cancelled my payment.
im sorry i have a job, and children, i only do this when i can