Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2008 ford escape v6 xlt--when vehicle idles in warm weather

Customer Question

2008 ford escape v6 xlt--when vehicle idles in warm weather with or with out ac on (like stuck at the drive thru for 10 minutes) go to drive away and the vehicle makes ungodly noise--won't accelerate easy--acts like it's overheating but gauge on dash shows half way mark--stop and park and shut off vehicle for about 5 minutes hear like a boil back sound-fluid level in reservoir is reading fine--blew a coil pack--replaced all 6 and plugs about 2 weeks ago--ran fine till I ran to the grocery store when it was 93 degrees and high humidity left ac on with husband and dog in truck for about 15 minutes and it started with the above symptoms again--pulled it over turned off ac let it sit 5 minutes fired right up and drove it home--WTF??? any ideas--no engine lights, gauges show normal where do I start to look?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
has 117,112 miles on it
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, even though no warning lights are on have you had it checked for codes? Trans fluid level is full and doesnt smell burnt? 4wheel drive escape?