Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Focus ZX3: I have a 2004 Ford Focus ZX3 with manual transmission

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Ford Focus ZX3 with manual transmission - it has started vibrating when I get to 65 MPH - had all tires and front end checked for alignment and balancing, all checked out OK - what could be the issue?
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
could be a c/v axle, also have had rotors that were warped give a vibration while driving and not on the brakes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I have an appointment to have the front brakes replaced, this could be the reason for the vibration. I did not realize this would cause an intermittent vibration at higher speeds, but it makes sense. If this does not fix the issue, I will have the CV axles replaced - I think that is just as cheap as having them repaired, isn't it?The car has 248,000 miles on it and I do not think I have ever replaced the front rotors, so I bet that is the issue.Thanks again, I will definitely use this service again when I have questions.
i wouldn't just replace the axles, i would run the vehicle on a lift and watch the axles to make sure they spin true