Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Taurus SE: I have a 2002 Taurus SE. The radio-CD and clock

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Taurus SE. The radio-CD and clock unit recently quit working. after checking for blown fuse(s), I pulled the head unit to check for loose wires and found none. I checked the rear unit in the trunk and all appeared to be OK. Nothing loose and no water or anything like that was present. So, I went and purchased another radio unit that came off another 2002 Taurus. Still won't work. What do you think is the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you have a testlight and can you get to the plug at the dash unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tested all positive wires on back of unit. All are getting power. I unhooked, cleaned, and reattached both ground wires to the units as well. Radio still does not work. I replaced all relevant fuses. Radio still does not work. I have replaced head unit and unit in trunk. I have replaced everything except the wiring harness itself. Radio still does not work. I am at a loss.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay, Can you tell me the exact wire colors you have tested with key on, and what voltage readings are