Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Randall, once again i have questions !! This time

Customer Question

Hi Randall, once again i have questions for you!! This time it's my 2008 Ford Edge SEL with 141, 375 miles. I had just backed out put it in drive and only went a few yards and it "clunked" ( my first thought was that i had accidentally hit the shift) and
then seemed that it didn't want to go very much when i pressed on the gas. We went around the block and came back home. My husband went to look at it and it seemed to not want to drive forward but would go in reverse! On the info center it showed a little
wrench symbol and it said ODO DATA ERROR S ------mi and it also has a symbol lit up that looks like the airbag maybe (i will try to attach a pic) it stayed parked for a few days as we were leaving on vacation and when we went to load it on a trailer to take
to a dealership it drove right onto the trailer!!! They had it for weeks and said they drove it almost 50 miles with some type of machine attached and that it never did anything ~ said that the battery posts were very corroded and that could have shorted out
something ~ they had cleaned them so we took it back home. Some weeks later it did the same thing again but showed "TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT" and the little wrench, air bag and tire pressure symbols. My husband looked at the battery right away ~ it looked
as if some of the fluid had spewed out all over stuff ~ so he went and got a new battery and put that in and all seemed ok until today when i happened AGAIN!!! When i went and started it back up to look at mileage it seemed to clunk again as it started. Any
ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, I am unable to answer this, I am checking some things but,,Little confused on your reply/question and do not have a solid answer