Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ranger: I was driving and the entire dashboard electronics

Customer Question

I was driving and the entire dashboard electronics and gauges went dead. Radio, speedometer, temp, all lights, everything went off. The 2002 Ford Ranger was still running but the acceleration weakened. The fan kept blowing but it was now hot air. The acceleration weakened to the point of barely accelerating at all. Coasted to a stop. Still idling barely. Turned on the lights and the idle weakened more. It finally died. Then just clicking when trying to restart. I thought it was the alternator. Put in a new one. Drove fine for about for about a day. Now the same problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Can you recharge the battery, start the truck and check the battery voltage while running. It should be 13-15 volts. Let me know those results. I feel like we need to diagnose the wiring and signals to and from the alternator for these concerns. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris