Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F350: 2002 F350 with 7.3, truck after sitting will not start.

Customer Question

2002 F350 with 7.3, truck after sitting will not start. Changed the cam sensor and the rail mount fuel pump. My brother n law a bleed a valve and it started up and ran fine until I let it sit up for weeks or months then same problem. He did not show me the drain/ valve location so I am at lost. He lives in a different state and could not remember the location of the valve. Could you help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Are you just looking for the fuel filter drain lever?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO The fuel filter is full , Trying to get air from injector and to get fuel in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for response ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your wait time is way to long!
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
It's been 16 minutes and that's to long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it Is original time was 4:33
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you people going to give me an answer for my problem? 2002 F350 7.3 Need air out of system. Taking fuel cap off does not fix problem.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry it took you an hour to reply the first time. This system is self bleeding so I am unaware of what your situation is? I would love to help if I knew exactly what was going on. My responses may or not be instant but I am here to help the best I can. If you want to explain to me the details I will do my best?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
System has air, someone help me once before and took pressure off with a valve and the engine started but was running rough after several time of release the engine ran fine and cranked every time until I let it sit for months.Same problem again!!!!!
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
After sitting for a long time is the fuel level in the filter housing low?