Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Expedition XLT SSV: I have a 2007 Expedtion XLT SSV.... Is

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Expedtion XLT SSV.... Is it possible that it still uses the external FPDM mounted to the frame rail next to the spare tire or is it definetily part of the fuel pump in the tank ??? I dont have the vehicle here were I can physcially check ???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
Your 2007 Expedition doe not use a driver module, so you will not find it on the frame the fuel pump is controlled by the PCM (computer) through the fuel pump relay . See the wiring diagram in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the link. I would start with checking your fuel pressure to be sure its with in specs.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/EXP%20driver%20mod%20Jul%2014.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron, The system appears to not we working properly..... It keeps telling me invalid session
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
What system are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the just answer... when i try to confirm settings as you requested it telss me invalid session and will not continue...
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Im not asking you to confirm any setting, are you able to read my postings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can read your post but when i reply via the live chat it doesnt work properly.....
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Im not sure what the reason is but you can switch over to question and answer with the link at the top of the page that says View on JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call(###) ###-####
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I am unable to call you at this time, do you have more questions and or need more help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Vehicle is a SSV (Police) .... It currently has no power, no longer shifts hard and fast like it used to..... Current mechanic has checked and verified No plugged converter, fuel pressure good, new plugs & coil paks with boots, new fuel filter, no stored codes or check engine light.... Starts and idles fine.... Maf and Throttle body replaced also...... Vehicle has had all maint service performed. Is it possible that the computer has lost its shift point information. Occasionly if you dont get the gear selector exactly on "D" with it illuminated it starts driving very sluggish at about 20mph..... Do you think it would be worth going to the dealer and having them re-program the computer ????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currently has 145K mileage
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
With the amount of miles you have on the engine has the exhaust ever been checked to make sure the converters are not restricted, if they are they will affect power as well as the shift points.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, exhaust was pulled today and verified all back pressures are within spec...
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
So I assume the computer is not setting any fault codes, correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct.... Did you see my orignal answer to you unable to phone call message... I detailed everything to date
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
I see it now, sorry for the double questions, in most cases if the computer sees any type of fault it will set and store a fault code and or codes, with everything you have already tried, it is possible the problem is with the transmission and or the programming, it may be a worthwhile shot to go ahead and have it updated with the latest software and see if it resolves the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last question..... What if it got some E85 as opposed to the 87 octane it normally gets... This first became noticeable at a Kroger station when I filled the tank.... What if they put the wrong fuel into the storage tank ???
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
You really should not have notice any major difference in the way it ran with one load of E85 fuel and it sure would not affect the transmission shift point at all.