Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

99 Ford Ranger 2wd 2.5L: will not fire up. It will give the

Customer Question

99 Ford Ranger 2wd 2.5L: will not fire up. It will give the cranking sound. I have replaced the TBS, SPARK PLUGS, CRANKSHAFT SENSOR. The fuel pump makes noise when I turn the key over and it pushes fuel through the fuel line. The battery and alternator are good. What else could be the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI) as well as good compression. If you can check each one of these thing while it will not start and post back with the results of which one you are lacking I will help you get this resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found out the timing belt broke and am trying to replace it however I need to locate which spark plug is the number one spark plug.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The Number one spark plug is the first spark plug in the front of the engine as you look at it. If you need the belt replacement steps post back and I can send them for you.