Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Fleetwood flair: My 1998 Fleetwood flair won't start. Batteries

Customer Question

My 1998 Fleetwood flair won't start. Batteries are good. No ignition sounds at all. Not turning over. But the horn honks every time I try.
One Mechanic thought the small wire from the starter motor to the ignition could be off. I can't find the starter in order to test it.
1. Tried a jump with a big tow truck didn't work
2. Batteries ok
3. Fuse box under drivers left side was on the floor. I plugged it back in. There might be a bad fuse in it but I understand these fuses are for the coach uses, not ignition.
Perhaps there's a trip switch after reconnecting the fuse box?
Or.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a test light or volt meter?Is this on a F53 chassis with a V10?Do the headlights shine bright when on and while trying to start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The headlights are ok. There is lots of power. No I do t have a meter. And it's a v10
We are unable to do any testing without a tool so lets just see if we can get it to start. Ford did not make a RV chassis for 98, so its a 97 or 99 chassis. Can I get the vin#?
I will only be online for 2 more hours. If you can respond prior I can help before I am off to bed.