Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

E450: i have disassembled the steering column on 2007 ford

Customer Question

i have disassembled the steering column on 2007 ford e450. need to replace the lower half of the plastic actuator. I need step by stem instruction to make the replacement. thanks gene
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. The expert you have requested is not online so I will help you. I have enclosed the factory assembly steps in the link below for the steering column. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. Let me know if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Steering%20%20col%20assembly%20Ju%2013.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was an overload of info.. I need explicit info on the precise removal of the lower half of the actuator. Does steering wheel column need to be lowered?, Does shift tube need to be removed?, what and where is the precise location and type of impediment that stops the actuator? I am not rebuilding he column therefore a great deal of the info seems to be for that end. $48.00 for a page out of Ford manual seems excessive. Gene
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The steering column need to be removed and disassembled as per the steps I sent you to replace the actuator. Its not an easy job at all unfortunately.