Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford f100: 1975 f100. I drilled the ignition too far. Have

Customer Question

1975 f100. I drilled the ignition too far. Have to replace everything. Have wires coming out of the plastic half. The harness is really short. Might just give this job to the local auto electrician. Am replacing it with identical ignition housing (half metal, half plastic). Thx.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
The ignition switch is half plastic and have metal and the wiring harness should unplug from the back of the switch and as lone as you did not drill into the connector you should be able to unplug it from the switch. If the connector is damaged you can replace the connector as well.