Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1990 bronco II stumbles and hesitates when accelerates to 3000rpms

Customer Question

1990 bronco II stumbles and hesitates when accelerates to 3000rpms and up
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing sounds like you may have a fuel pressure concern and the next step would be to install a fuel pressure gauge the fuel rail service port and monitor the fuel pressure when the problem is occurring. Normal fuel pressure needs to be right at 32 to 45 PSI, if you do not have access to a pressure gauge most part stores have a tool loaner program and will loan you one for a small deposit. If you can get the pressure checked and post back I will help you from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Acct #(###) ###-####ID15442622-293 the suggestion did not help fix problem! The fuel pressure remains constant when the hesitation and stumbling occurs. The problem is somewhat random. If I am slow in acceleration the problem doesn't show itself.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
You stated in your first post that you had not checked the fuel pressure , if you have done so now what is the pressure reading?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
acct #7787109 ID#15442622-293 pump pressure is between 31&32 Fuel pump was replaced about 15k ago, the regulator is original equipment
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
So then you're still having the lack of power at higher PRM right? Has the exhaust been check for excessive backpressure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the muffler resonator tail pipe have all been recently been changed. This problem happened all of a sudden not gradually.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Well if you have clear exhaust as well as proper fuel pressure and proper timing the engine should have plenty of power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think at this point I need to get someone else for their ideas. I am in no particular hurry.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Sure thing, opening it back up now. If other can help, they will respond.