A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Expedition: 2000 Expedition driver's side electric window won't

Customer Question

2000 Expedition driver's side electric window won't go up. All other windows and electronics working. ??
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Ok, the problem could be the switch, window motor or wiring. First do this simple test please.
Open the drivers door and turn the key to on with the engine off. Then press the drivers up switch and see if the dome light dims while you hold the switch in the up position. The dome light will dim slightly if the problem is the window motor. But if the light does not dim slightly, then you will need to check for power from the drivers power window switch on the back side of the switch with it plugged in.
Do this light dim test and let me know if you have a test light of meter to do a couple of electrical tests.