A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Escape: 2011 escape. something drains the battery when car

Customer Question

2011 escape. something drains the battery when car is off. dealership can't figure it out
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
There are a lot of items in the 2011 Escape that can cause a battery drain. But it needs to be properly diagnosed. I have seen the ACM (Audio Control Module) which is the radio, staying powered up even after the key is turned off. The display will not light up, but the ACM is still on. The instrument cluster also not seeing the vehicle in park, and staying powered up. Also the dash fuse box, which is known as the SJB, staying powered up.
You may need to request a seasoned technician at this dealership or go to another dealership near you and have them look at it and properly test the system.