Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F350: I have a 2003 F350 6.0 L diesel.sometimes it will crank

Customer Question

I have a 2003 F350 6.0 L diesel.sometimes it will crank times it won't. once I get it started I can drive it all day to let it set for over 30 minutes it won't crank. The all of a sudden it will start up again.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Use the link below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/03F350start1.pdfI assume your truck is an auto trans.When this occurs again, I need you to remove the starter relay. With the key held in the start position check each pin and see if there are 2 pins with power. If not then we are going to be diagnosing an ignition switch issue. If so then we are going to be diagnosing a starter, PCM, or TR sensor issue. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will start if I jump the starter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I jump the starter then I can turn off ig ignition. Then it will start with the key
I still need you to do the test for me when it will not crank via the key to get to the next diag steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it's still cranking today. When it stops I will check for peer at the relay
Super
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I rate you now or when my truck won't crank again, so I can run the test.
As long as you rate prior to 7 days from asking you post. In that case you can respond whenever. If you go over that deadline without rating then reply, I will never see your post.