James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford F250: I have a 08 power stroke 6.4l, I am hearing a squeal

Customer Question

I have a 08 power stroke 6.4l, I am hearing a squeal that comes on as I accelerate but if I accelerate hard it goes away as get more boost, I believe the noise is coming from the turbo, just trying to pinpoint, all clamps are tight that I can tell on the air system.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. You will want a partner to listen under the vehicle on the driver side. Usually the squeezing noise comes from the lower CAC tube. A small hole can go in there and whistle as you increase the throttle. If that is ok the next spot is the exhaust manifolds. The exhaust manifolds are known to break bolts and cause an exhaust leaks. This causes a hi pitch squeal as you increase in boost and can be annoying to listen too.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.