Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford escape: I have a 2003 ford escape with the 3.0 v6 fwd.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 ford escape with the 3.0 v6 fwd. I have little to no power steering. I have replaced the pump, pressure switch and now the pack and pinion. What else could be causing this problem. Note: at first start up power steering works fine but a few turns of the wheel and its back to hard to turn again. Any help is appreciated
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
sounds like you got a faulty pump, i would explain what is going on and have them get you another pump, the only other thing is the pressure hose, but usually if hose is faulty you wont get a good turn or two
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should note that ive replaced the pump twice now and both did the same thing. Im thinking of replacing the return and pressure lines now but i wasnt sure if maybe there was something in the colum that might bind up.
any thing is possible, you can jack up the front end and turn wheel back and forth while engine is running and engine off to see if something is binding